Today I am visiting my sister who lives in Malad. The fish we get here is very fresh and of good quality. Sunday is always the time to cook up a fish curry or dal-rice with fried fish.
However this time we really good a great bargain while purchasing prawns hence we will cook up so.e prawns biryani.
Not so difficult to make all.
Time to note the ingredients and stir up a hot pot for the family.
250 gms prawns
1 cup fried onions (Birista)
4 large tomatoes
1 cup curd
1 cup Basmati rice
1 tsp Biryani masala
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chilly powder
Other dry spices
1 tsp whole spices( peppercorns, elaichi, cinnamon )
Corriander and mint leaves for garnish
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
A few saffron strands
1/4 cup milk.
2 dollops of ghee
1. Clean, peel and devein prawns.
2. Add salt and turmeric to the prawns and keep aside for some time.
For Preparing Rice
Layer and Garnish
2. Now add half the cooked rice and flatten it a bit over the prawn mixture.3. The remaining half mixture has to be added to this and rice again over it.
4. Add the saffron milk mixture on the top.
5. Spread some ghee over it.
6. Garnish with corriander leaves, mint leaves and fried onions.
7. Now cover with a heavy lid and cook for 5-7 minutes on dum.